Table of Contents:
What is Cloudflare
The company, which provides content delivery network services, on top of that improves security against DDoS plus many other improvements.
What is shared hosting
Probably cheapest solution for small projects, when many websites may be hosted on one server.
How to setup WordPress blog to load via Cloudflare:
- Create Cloudflare account if you haven’t got one yet
- Add new domain name you have purchased already- I use NameCheap as my registar
- Cloudflare will give you name servers you will have to add to your registered domain
- Now you will have to direct from Cloudflare to your shared hosting
- Got to Cloudflare dashboard DNS settings and add these
* Get server ip from your hosting provider!
1.Type: A record
ipv4 address: server ip
2. Type: CNAME
ipv4 address: domain-name.com
3. Type: MX record
timetolive (TTL): 14400
4. Type A record
ipv4 address: server ip (set to DNS only)
By entering 1 and 2 records website will work.
3 and 4 records (optional) So you could send and get emails via server. This is a must in my opinion because I use my blog for email marketing.
Here is a real-time speed test of websites, one of them simply uses shared hosting and another routed via Cloudflare.
Hostgator shared hosting vs Cloudflare speed test
By the way: I’ve got a free SSL certificate issued by Cloudflare as well,- this is a must for every website these days.
Cloudflare cdn started working an my website loads faster.
I hope, this short guide will help you to connect the dots…