For those who never heard of Google news you can read on your computer,>>here
How ever most readers are from mobile devices. As far as I know, the News app is on the newest android phones/tablets. And every user has their own settings on what news they will get according to interest, recent purchase the websites they have visited, the location they live in.
I did a little bit of research and here is what I’ve found about the submission process…
How to submit your blog to Google news
- All website owners and admins may try to apply by following this address <<
- It is necessary to be on Google webmaster tools already in order to apply.
- One more thing: if you are using Seo by Yoast plugin for Wordpress you can add your *.*news-sitemap.xml to webmaster tools, but it will not be indexed and approved as a publisher by Google until you apply to be added as this will be reviewed by dedicated staff.
What is not allowed to appear on Google news?
- Don’t go crazy with ads
- Sexually explicit content
- Graphic violent content
- Hateful content
- Dangerous and illegal activities
- Sponsored content prohibited
- Harassment and cyberbullying
- Deceptive behaviour
Google indexing technical side:
- All url’s must be unique and pernament
- Links must be easy to scan for crawlers
- Googlebot and Google-News Bot must be able to crawl website
I don’t really know, but there is a rumor, so you must add fresh content for at least 30-40 days in a row in order to be confirmed as publisher. As you can see from the image below it is good from SEO perspective to appear on Google news, it means search engine “picked up” on the content and gives a credit aka traffic
This may not be for everyone, but I suggest following Google trends for daily topics, which are trending right now, and writing about it as news/media portals do. Maybe you have noticed, e.g. when something important is happening in your country, then suddenly, everyone quickly writes about the same topic, it is because no one wants to lose traffic and all media competing against each other…